Thinking of Leaving a Legacy?
Think about Craigdarroch Castle. You can make a lasting statement and support the work of the Castle Society forever through a bequest or planned gift. Including us in your will and trust will provide a foundation for our future work.
There are many ways to leave a gift to The Castle and we encourage you to consider us when planning your estate. Options may include:
- Remember The Castle Society in your will;
- Donate shares; publicly traded stocks and bonds, mutual funds, futures and GICs;
- Create an endowment fund in your name, your family’s name or in memory of a loved one–which provides ongoing investment income to Craigdarroch;
- Create a charitable gift annuity that gives you an assured fixed income for life (plus a charitable tax receipt;)
- Donate unused portions of Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) or Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) and recieved a charitable donation receipt that offsets any taxes owed;
- Donate real property to the Castle Society;
- Name us a beneficiary of a life insurance policy;
- Establish a charitable remainder trust that provides you with the income you need through your life–and gifts the remainder to Craigdarroch Castle;
The Legacy of Dorothy Laundy
Dorothy Laundy served as the third President of the Craigdarroch Castle Society and for over 30 years was a volunteer, working toward restoration of the building and guiding the many tourists through the castle. Beyond her commitment of service, Dorothy was a dedicated philanthropist who left a bequest to the Castle Society designated for the restoration of the exterior grounds.
Dorothy loved Craigdarroch and envisioned the Castle grounds being restored to their former glory. She knew that the project would require significant funds and effort and her bequest pioneered the project with seed money. Today, the stone walls have been repaired, the wrought iron gates at the corner of Fort and Joan stand proudly welcoming visitors, and garden benches are perched throughout the property for visitors to sit and enjoy the Castle view.
Dorothy’s love for the Castle continues to benefit The Castle Society and today you can enjoy the fruits of her labor and her generous bequest.
Planning for the Future. Preserving the Past.
To learn more about how you can benefit the future of the Craigdarroch Castle Historical Museum Society, we invite you and your financial advisor or estate planner to meet with our staff.